Human is mixed with different kinds of emotions. Sometimes, we feel sad, heartbroken, happy and sometimes we feel angry. Being angry or anger whatever you say is a kind of emotion which we experience when something is wrong in our preception. The consequences of anger are not every time good. Yes, people get angry and try to fix the situation through their anger. But the results are not always some, it might backfire and make the situation worse. There is a wise saying that a person who gets angry fast suffers a lot. And we agree with that.
If you believe that anger is our worst enemy and our anger ends up hurting ourselves, then you can look over at our wise sayings in this article. As we have covered some anger quotes. We believe this anger quote might be an eye-opener for some who struggle with their anger issues.
- “When angry, count four. When very angry, swear”
- “Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything – anger, anxiety, or possessions – we cannot be free.”
- “Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you. However, if it taught you to hold onto grudges, seek revenge, not forgive or show compassion, to categorize people as good or bad, to distrust and be guarded with your feelings then you didn’t learn a thing. God doesn’t bring you lessons to close your heart. He brings you lessons to open it, by developing compassion, learning to listen, seeking to understand instead of speculating, practicing empathy and developing conflict resolution through communication. If he brought you perfect people, how would you ever learn to spiritually evolve?”
- “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
- “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
- “I want to say somewhere: I’ve tried to be forgiving. And yet. There were times in my life, whole years, when anger got the better of me. Ugliness turned me inside out. There was a certain satisfaction in bitterness. I courted it. It was standing outside, and I invited it in”
- “Anger … it’s a paralyzing emotion … you can’t get anything done. People sort of think it’s an interesting, passionate, and igniting feeling — I don’t think it’s any of that — it’s helpless … it’s absence of control — and I need all of my skills, all of the control, all of my powers … and anger doesn’t provide any of that — I have no use for it whatsoever.”
- “Anger is like flowing water; there’s nothing wrong with it as long as you let it flow. Hate is like stagnant water; anger that you denied yourself the freedom to feel, the freedom to flow; water that you gathered in one place and left to forget. Stagnant water becomes dirty, stinky, disease-ridden, poisonous, deadly; that is your hate. On flowing water travels little paper boats; paper boats of forgiveness. Allow yourself to feel anger, allow your waters to flow, along with all the paper boats of forgiveness. Be human.”
- “Anger is just anger. It isn’t good. It isn’t bad. It just is. What you do with it is what matters. It’s like anything else. You can use it to build or to destroy. You just have to make the choice.”
- ‘Why on earth do you carry a mirror around with you?”
“It’s purely a defensive device. We seldom quarrel, and this is one of the reasons. Can you imagine yourself getting all worked up and contorted and illogical and then coming face to face with yourself, looking at yourself exactly as you look to everyone else?”
- “Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it…Don’t allow his anger to become your anger.”
- “Let today be the day you stop being haunted by the ghost of yesterday. Holding a grudge & harboring anger/resentment is poison to the soul. Get even with people…but not those who have hurt us, forget them, instead get even with those who have helped us.”
- “Beneath the anger, there are hurt feelings.”
- “Be Slow to Anger ‘Quick’ to Love Towards those Around You.”
- “Transformation is my favorite game and in my experience, anger and frustration are the result of you not being authentic somewhere in your life or with someone in your life. Being fake about anything creates a block inside of you. Life can’t work for you if you don’t show up as you.”
- “I’m not really sure why. But… do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don’t think so. That’s what makes the betrayal hurt so much – pain, frustration, anger… and I still loved her. I still do.”
- “The real victim of anger is the host because the target is either unaware or doesn’t care.”
- “If you show up late for anger management, you don’t get credit for the class, which made that car ride even more of a test of your temper. Being late was great-you could leave if you wanted to, but that wasn’t going to help you at all. I was late a few times and I always stayed, hoping to get credit for good behavior. I never did, and that made me really fucking angry. Thank God I was learning how to deal with that.”
- “Angry people want you to see how powerful they are… loving people want you to see how powerful You are.”
- “The first key to leadership was self-control, particularly the mastery of pride, which was something more difficult, he explained, to subdue than a wild lion and anger, which was more difficult to defeat than the greatest wrestler. He warned them that “if you can’t swallow your pride, you can’t lead.”
Controlling Anger Is All About Remaining Calm
As you have gone through our anger quotes, we believe it will help in your anger management issues. It is totally okay to ask yourself, why you become angry or what makes you mad a lot. Is a person reason behind your anger or the problem or both. It is not easy to remain always calm especially for the person with anger issues. It is important to remain calm when you feel angry.
Yes, we know that the anger quotes we shared is not a medicine that will make your head cool if you read it when angry. The main reason for sharing those quotes, to make you think deeply about the problems and harm caused by our own anger.
If you have people in life or situation that makes you angry try to cut them out or ignore them. Try to do the things that make you smile rather than angry. A simple suggestion from us, as you have spared your valuable time reading this anger quotes. It’s okay to be angry, but if you feel angry to try to convert your anger into positive energy, try to do something that will not harm anyone not even you, rather will bring a smile on someone’s face.
That was all, we would love to know which of the anger quotes in this content is inspiring and agreeable with you.