Being alone is a good thing if you need some personal space, but being alone to be lonely should never be the main concept of being alone. On the daily busy day of our life sometimes we look for personal space and eager to be all one my own self and enjoy the day focusing on ourselves. There is no harm in inserting a little solitude into the overfilled schedule of life.
This will give us the concentration about life and boost our work ethics in a short amount of time. If you are looking for inspiration for being alone, and have a dilemma in the concept of being alone, then this collection of being alone quotes will suit you.
When we give ourselves time to think, we boost our chance of being creative. We make ourselves more mentally strong and stabilized. If you try to be alone it gives your brain a chance to rest and replenish itself.
Being Alone Quotes
- “I’ve always had a huge fear of dying or becoming ill. The thing I’m most afraid of, though, is being alone, which I think a lot of performers fear. It’s why we seek the limelight – so we’re not alone, were adored. We’re loved, so people want to be around us. The fear of being alone drives my life.”
- “As a kid growing up, I really hated being alone. I was always that kid that was like, ‘Do you want to hang out? Let’s go to the mall. Let’s go to the movies. Let’s go to the park.’ I would call people and call people and call people. If I was alone when I wasn’t at school, then there was something wrong.”
- “Our language has wisely sensed the two sides of being alone. It has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word solitude to express the glory of being alone.”
- “One of the major dangers of being alone in February is the tendency to dwell on past relationships. Whether you’re daydreaming about that ‘one that got away,’ or you’re recalling the fairy tale date you went on last Valentine’s Day, romanticizing the past isn’t helpful – nor accurate”
- “Many people seek fellowship because they are afraid to be alone…let him who cannot be alone beware of community. He will do harm to himself and to the community. Alone you stood before God when he called you; alone you had to answer that call; alone you had to struggle and pray; and alone you will die and give an account to God. You cannot escape yourself, for God has singled you out.”
- “I felt I could turn the earth upside down with my littlest finger. I wanted to dance, to fly in the air and kiss the sun and stars with my singing heart. I, alone with myself, was enjoying myself for the first time as with the grandest company.”
- “Being alone comes from separating our Self from others. It’s not about taking alone time in order to recharge. It’s the difference between “I’m alone” vs “I need some time alone”
- “I love the stillness of a room, after a party. The chairs are moved, the cushions disarranged, everything is there to show that people enjoyed themselves; and one comes back to the empty room happy that it’s over, happy to relax and say, ‘Now we are alone again.”
- “At the beginning of the twenty-first century, to feel alone or want to be alone is deeply unfashionable: to admit to feeling alone is to reject and betray others, as if they are not good company, and do not have entertaining, interesting lives of their own to distract us, and to actually seek to be alone is a radical act; to want to be alone is to refuse a certain kind of conversational hospitality and to turn to another door, and another kind of welcome, not necessarily defined by human vocabulary”
- “The best way to be happy with someone is to learn to be alone. That way the company will be a matter of choice and not necessity.”
- “I enjoy being alone, my soul is at peace in the silence.”
- “Our uniqueness makes us special, makes perception valuable – but it can also make us lonely. This loneliness is different from being ‘alone’: You can be lonely even surrounded by people. The feeling I’m talking about stems from the sense that we can never fully share the truth of who we are. I experienced this acutely at an early age. “
- “There’s a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I’ve got to see my friends ’cause I’m too content being by myself.”
- “Sometimes you have to separate yourself from everyone and just focus on doing you.”
- “I had already found that it was not good to be alone, and so made companionship with what there was around me, sometimes with the universe and sometimes with my own insignificant self; but my books were always my friends, let fail all else. “
- “Don’t go away. I don’t want to be alone. I can’t stand being alone.”
- “I felt her absence. it was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn’t need to run to the mirror to know they were gone. “
- “You smile, but you wanna cry. You talk, but you wanna be quiet. You pretend like you’re happy but you aren’t.”
- “The trouble is not really in being alone, it’s being lonely. One can be lonely in the midst of a crowd, don’t you think? “
- “She knows she is lonely, yet she has no problem with it. She prefers to spend her time alone instead of dealing with people’s lies and games.”
Being Alone Gives You Time To Think
Being alone gives you the opportunity to think deeply, and discover your own potential. It lets you find your own voice. When we get personal space, we get to do all the things we love, it’s a good exercise to boost our interpersonal skills. The being alone quotes we shared are meant to make you understand the concept of giving time to yourself and treating yourself right.
But overdoing anything is not great at all. Especially if you like to spend time alone a lot or try to be being alone, you gradually lose self-confidence and become shy infront of the public. You will start to have a lack of communication skills with others. You will start to grow social anxiety. The main purpose of being alone is to give yourself time to heal.
We have collected this being alone quotes from famous public figures, who shared their perspective of being alone. Let us know in the comment below which being alone quotes inspired you to give yourself personal space.